Whole mouth health is becoming trendy as people seek a more holistic approach to overall health and wellbeing. Women today live fast-paced lives and have to multi-task to get through the day – not to mention date night!
Luckily, it’s now possible to find a toothpaste that helps protect not only your teeth, but your gums, tongue and cheeks – giving you confidence with fresh breath, to be totally ready to dazzle your date with your beautiful smile.
Here are some tips from Colgate on choosing a toothpaste that gets you totally ready, with confidence…
- Bye, bye germs: Choose an advanced fluoride toothpaste. It helps reduce germs on hard and soft tissues.
- Beat bad breath: Certain foods, health conditions and habits are among some of the causes of bad breath. In many cases, you can improve bad breath with consistent good dental hygiene – and flossing and brushing your teeth twice a day with a toothpaste that neutralizes odors associated with bad breath.
- Stop regrowth: Use toothpastes the help create a protective barrier on hard and soft tissue to help protect against germ regrowth. It helps weaken germ energy; which germs need to survive.
- Dual-zinc and Arginine formula: Toothpastes that contain zinc and arginine significantly help reduce oral germs compared to toothpaste with fluoride alone.
- Stop cavities in their tracks: Choose a toothpaste that is clinically proven to help prevent tooth cavities caused by sugary foods and food acids.
- Reduce plaque: Plaque is a sticky biofilm that develops on teeth because of germs that naturally live in the mouth. Dealing effectively with plaque determines how healthy your teeth and gums are. When left alone, plaque on teeth turns into tartar (hardened plaque) and can increase your risk for cavities or gum problems.
- Promote Gum Health: There are toothpastes that help fight germs along the gum line. They have also been proven to help fight germs not just on teeth, but also on the tongue, cheeks, and gums.
- Pearly whites: Choose a toothpaste with a formula clinically proven to deliver whitening and reduce surface stains for a dazzling smile.
- De-sensitise: Choose a toothpaste that provides effective, long-lasting sensitivity and pain relief by helping to build a protective layer over sensitive areas of the teeth.